I’m a strong believer that pictures become way better when my clients and me have a connection. I know who my perfect clients are, but do you know who your perfect photographer is?
So let me tell you some Leentje stuff. Let’s play the ‘Get to know me’ game! And if you wanna know more about me, don’t be shy to ask! All beautiful pictures are taken in the beginning of November on a tiny island named ‘La Graciosa’, a part of the Canarias Archipel, in the Atlantic Ocean, by talented photographer Julia Hofmann!
- What is your middle name? I don’t have one. Just Leentje. One thing I learned from having a typical Belgian (or Dutch) name is that my children need to have a name which is easy to pronounce in ALL languages. Which mine isn’t. Non Belgian people have called me Lychee, and even Ninja. Yeah baby.
- Share you favorite subject in high school. I studied Latin-Modern Languages but I loved math and all things science, I just didn’t have the correct brains for it. Looking back, I would now choose to do art or something.
- What is your favorite drink? Cappucino, sweet flavored cocktails or a good Belgian Beer.
- What is your favorite song at the moment? Currently Bon Iver is playing on repeat on Spotify.
- What would you (or have you) name your children? That’s a real secret.
- Have you participated in any sports? Totally. I did athletics (run, Leentje, run), horseback riding, tennis, athletics again, ski, and Crossfit.
- What is your favorite book? Not much of a reader. Is ‘lack of time’ a valid excuse? I’d love to read more again. I really like the book ‘In the name of the Rose’. It’s a classic.
- What is your favorite color? I’d go for green. And no I don’t think that the grass is always greener on the other side.
- What is your favorite animal? I’m a dog person. And a horse person. Sadly my dog doesn’t like horses. She’s a diva, a characteristic she doesn’t have from her human mom…
- What is your favorite perfume? Since 10 years or so… Aqua di Gioia from Georgio Armani. I always buy the same fragrance.
- What is your favorite holiday? Lately I’m a big lover of the Nordics. Visited Iceland twice in the last 2 years, and I’m dreaming about going to Faroer Islands and Norway, soon!
- On a scale from 1 – 10, rate your childhood. 9! We lived in a very quiet street in the middle of the woods and the fields. My brother and I went out for hours with our bicycles and built camps in the woods, among other cool stuff. Thinking back to it, in the atmosphere we live now, that probably won’t be possible anymore.
- Have you been out of the country? Of course. I’ve been to all continents already except for North America and Antarctica 🙂 I’ve been to Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Argentina in Middle and South America. Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand in Asia. Morocco and Tunisia in Africa. A lot of European countries (although East Europe needs to be explored more), and when I was 23 I did a 3 month travel in entire Australia. High on my WISHLIST are Norway and/or Sweden, Canada, The Filippines, Cambodja, more of Indonesia, New Zealand and smaller islands (Fiji) in the Pacific. And last but not least: South Africa.
- Do you speak any different languages? I speak fluently English and French. Learned German at school as well, aber meine Deutche Sprache ist nicht so güt.
- Do you have any siblings? 1 older brother, 2 younger sisters. My sister Joke is a wedding planner, and we just love working together, as much as possible!
- What is your favorite store? Currently it is Oysho. Their collection is always so feminine and sophisticated, and not expensive. I also love Juttu. As we are about to move and decorate our new house, I’m into interior design as well.
- What is your favorite restaurant? Sushi. I could eat it every week. And a saké as digestive please.
- Did you like school? Not really. Always did the bare minimum to pass the exams. Always graduated though, but after 5 years at Uni I was so done with it.
- Who are some of your favorite YouTubers? I don’t do YouTube. I think it’s overrated and I don’t understand this vlogging thing. I think it’s annoying in 95% of the cases.
- What is your favorite movie? The Never Ending Story – I’m not a crier when it comes to watching movies, but I guess the only time when I cried my eyeballs out was when the horse drowned in the swamp on the way to Morla.
- What are some of your favorite tv shows? Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Orange is the new black. #netflixandchill
- PC or mac? Mac
- What phone do you have? Iphone
- How tall are you? 1.70m – I wish I was a little bit taller, …
- Do you have any pets? Sure. My crazy half human-half dog ginger Cocker Spaniel named Floor. She’s hilarious and absolutely adorable. She’s a little bi**ch towards other dogs (she’s so dominant) but an angel towards people.
Voila. This was a little bit more ABOUT ME. Feel free to connect if you think we can me ‘a match’, photography wise! Let’s go on little crazy adventures!